RhinoPrime 251 is a two (2) component, flexible, elastomeric polyurethane primer and sealer. Used to prepare steel, galvanised metal, tin and aluminium surfaces prior to the application of Rhino Linings. This primer may also be used on some plastics, fibreglass, polyurea or polyurethane surfaces.
RhinoPrime 251 is easily brushed, rolled or spray applied, providing high resistance to acids and hydrolysis.
RhinoPrime 251 is not recommend for use on highly porous surfaces or substrates / surfaces containing moisture.
RhinoPrime 251 has been the Rhino Linings primer of choice for over 20 years.
RhinoPrime 251 FORMULATION PROPERTIES
- High resistance to acids, hydrolysis and excellent results in the salt spray and hot air tests.
- Withstands various mechanical stresses, including where the liner is subject to impact.
- Rapid curing, having a very thin build, that locks into the surface profile, allowing the main membrane to work with the substrate
TYPICAL RhinoPrime 251 APPLICATIONS
- Can be used on aluminium, brass, cast iron, fibreglass, galvanised steel, plastic, polyurethane, stainless steel, steel and some wood substrates.
- Ideal for locations where new Rhino coatings are applied over old Rhino coatings.